Library Library

Search our Library FAQ

You may be surprised what you can find here!

What types of items can I request through InterLibrary Loan (ILL)?

682 views   |   Last updated on Aug 07, 2014    interlibrary loan (ILL)


You may place ILL requests for:
  • books
  • journal or newspaper articles
  • dissertations
  • microfilm
Some materials such as entire journal volumes, reference materials, videos, CDs, and other audio-visual materials, rare, very old or valuable materials which have not been microfilmed, materials in demand at the lending library (including new titles), dissertations may be requested but they are often difficult to obtain through ILL. 

Books, CDs, and videos owned by CTW can be requested from the CTW consortium libraries (Connecticut College and Trinity College.)  Check the CTW Catalog to see if a book, CD, or video is owned by CTW, and if so please place the request from the CTW catalog (not from ILL.)  All articles should be requested through ILL.